Monday, March 20, 2006


MY FIRST BLOG
This is my first blog entry, so bear with me. I'm a huge Red Sox fan and today my favorite player got traded to the Reds. Bronson Arroyo was the most consistent pitcher on the team
last year. He also signed a 3 year deal for much less than he could have gotten as a free agent
to stay in Boston(against his agent's advice). In these days of greed where the player and their agents are only interested in how much money they can get, I think that kind of loyalty should be rewarded. In '94 before Arroyo's start against the Yankee's in the ALCS, Curt Schilling said
"I'll take the kid. He's got nuts the size of Saturn." On the Sons of Sam Horn ( a popular Red Sox
bulletin board where Schilling often posts) the members all call him Saturn now. I'm going to
miss seeing his leg kick, great breaking ball and corn rows in a Sox uniform, but I will be watching and pulling for him to do well in the National League. Thanks for everything Saturn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home