Monday, March 27, 2006


Buck Owens
August 12, 1929-March 25, 2006. My all-time favorite singer passed away early Saturday. I heard about it on the 11:00 news. I got up and went to my computer and put a little picture and memorial on there. I grew up watching the Buck Owens Ranch Show with my Dad (way before Hee Haw). My dad's favorite song was "My Heart Skips a Beat". It's right up there at the top for me too. I loved Buck. He was wholesome. He was an amazing singer and guitar player. I think he wrote the greatest country song ever in "Together Again". I played several Buck songs on my guitar last night. My break is over, I'll probably put up a page on my website about him and maybe write some more in my blog (here and at My Space), but I have to go back to work now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home